Person filling out an application

Application For Consent

Consent Application must be approved for either a parcel of land to be divided or a parcel of land to be severed. Controlling the division of land gives the Municipality of Wawa a way of ensuring the creation of lots is consistent with the planning policies of the Municipality of Wawa Official Plan and Provincial planning documents.

Consent Application

Building Permit Application

Building Permit is to govern and regulate the construction, demolition, change of use, permits and applications for building within the Municipality of Wawa in accordance with the Ontario Building Code Act.

Building Permit Application

Business License Application

A Business Licence is required to operate a business within the boundaries of the Municipality of Wawa. Applications for all licences issued shall be made to the CAO/Clerk and must be accompanied with a detailed description of the proposed business including a brief overview of products, services and/or menu to be provided.

Business Licence Application
Business Licence By-Law

Closed Meeting Investigation Application

Local government in Ontario must be transparent and accountable. The Province has set the rules for a council, local board or a committee to go into a closed meeting. These rules are found in section 239 of the Municipal Act 2001, as amended. Complaints must be submitted to the Ombudsman of Ontario

Closed Meeting Investigation Application

Delegation to Council Request Form

Any individual or group wishing to make a public presentation to Council must submit a Delegation Application. Applications can be submitted electronically by email to the Clerk, or in writing to Municipality of Wawa, P.O. Box 500, Wawa, ON P0S 1K0, and must outline the reason for the presentation as per the Council Procedure By-law. Delegations appear strictly for information purposes only.

Delegation Request Form

Driveway Permit Application

Driveway Permit Application is to prohibit and regulates the use of private roads, entranceways or other facilities as a means of access within the Municipality of Wawa.

Driveway Permit Application

Fence Permit Application

Fence Permit Application is to protect the safety and security of all residents through the regulating and governing of fences within the Municipality of Wawa.

Fence Permit Application
Fence By-Law

Fire Permit Application

Fire Permit is to govern and regulate open burning within the Municipality of Wawa in accordance with the Fire Protection and Prevention Act.

You may get your open air burning application by contacting the Fire Chief by email or 705-856-2244 Ext. 228, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm or the application may be downloaded here.

All fees must be accompanied with the application. An on-site inspection is required before a permit will be issued.

E-transfers are accepted and need to be sent to Please include the name and address of the applicant in the message field of your e-transfer.

If paying by e-transfer, please email your open air burning application as well to 

For more information, please contact the Wawa Fire Department at 705-856-2244 Ext. 228.


Open Air Burning Permit Application
Open Air Burning By-Law
Email Open Air Application Form

Applicable Fees for different types of permit

Incinerator $35
Brush Pile $35
Grass/Leaves $12.50
Recreational $25.00 (which includes Fire pit, Fire Bowl, Camp Fire, Chiminea, Cut-Off Barrel)

Freedom of Information Application

The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) came into effect on January 1, 1991. The legislation applies to all municipalities in Ontario and to various other local government institutions. The Act does not apply to private companies, credit bureaus, hospitals, doctors' records or to federal government institutions.

Freedom of Information Application
Freedom of Information By-Law

Integrity Commissioner Application

An Integrity Commissioner is an independent resource who reports to council and who is responsible for performing in an independent manner the functions assigned by the municipality.

Application for Investigation - Code of Conduct
Application for Inquiry - Conflict of Interest
Integrity Commissioner Protocol

Lottery Licensing Application

Lottery licence applications may be obtained Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please ensure that you allow a minimum of two weeks for your lottery licence application to be reviewed and processed.

Lottery Application for Blanket Raffle Lottery
Lottery Application for Break Open Ticket Lottery
Lottery Application for Eligibility
Lottery Application for Raffle Lottery

Marina Boat Slip Rental Application

Boat slip rental should be considered if you spend a lot of time on the water. You may consider renting a boat slip at the local marina to park your vessel.

Marina Boat Slip Rental Application

Municipal Marina

Marriage License Application

Before being married in Ontario, you must apply for an Ontario marriage licence, this is done by filling out the Marriage Licence Application. To get a marriage licence, you will need to bring 2 pieces of government-issued identification for each person getting married. One piece of identification must be a birth certificate or passport and one piece of identification must include your photo.  If you have been divorced, additional paperwork is required; contact the municipal office for further information.

Marriage Licence Application
Getting Married Booklet

Minor Variance Application

Minor Variance Application is applied for whenever you wish to construct, renovate, or alter a building or structure in any way that does not meet the requirements of the Municipality of Wawa's Zoning By-law.

Minor Variance Application

Plumbing Permit Application

Plumbing Permit is to govern and regulate plumbing codes for buildings within the Municipality of Wawa in accordance with the Ontario Building Code Act.

Plumbing Permit Application

Rezoning Application

If you want to use or develop your property in a way that is not allowed by a zoning by-law, you may have to apply for a zoning change, also known as a rezoning or a zoning by-law amendment.

Rezoning Application

Sign Permit Application

Sign Permit Application is to govern and regulate signs and other advertising devices within the Municipality of Wawa.

Sign Permit Application

Site Plan Application

Site Plan Approval Application is to govern and regulate certain regulated areas as a Site Plan Control Area, of The Planning Act, R.S.O. 1983.

Site Plan Approval Application
Site Plan Control By-Law

Taxi Cab Vehicle Licence Application

Taxi Licence Application is to regulate and govern all taxi vehicles and drivers for the conveyance of goods and passengers within the Municipality of Wawa.

Taxi Cab Vehicle Licence Application
Taxi Driver's Licence Application

Water Service Connection Application

Water Service Connection Application is to regulate the water service connection to premises within the Municipality of Wawa.

Water Service Connection Application