On October 4,2011, the Municipality of Wawa adopted its Accessible Customer Service Policy. View the Accessible Customer Service Policy in pdf format here.
Under the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (O. Reg. 429/07) of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the Municipality of Wawa was required to establish a policy governing the provision of its goods and services to persons with disabilities. The policy must provide corporate direction on the following:
- Use of assistive devices that enable a person to access municipal goods and services.
- Use of service animals and support persons in municipal facilities and programs.
- Procedure to notify the public of temporary disruptions to goods or services.
- Process for receiving and responding to feedback on how services are provided to people with disabilities.
- Customer service training to staff, volunteers and agents who provide direct service to the public on the Municipality’s behalf about the provision of goods and services to people with disabilities.
Copies of the Accessible Customer Service policy are available at the Municipal Offices, 40 Broadway Avenue.