The Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for the maintenance and operation of the accounts payable, capital assets and purchase order systems along with general accounting duties. The ideal candidate must have strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- College certificate or diploma in accounting or business with an accounting component or relevant working experience with education and a thorough understanding of GAAP.
- Experience with municipal accounting software, Vadim preferred
- Proficiency and experience with Excel, Word and Access are essential.
- Understanding and working knowledge of municipal government and applicable Federal and Provincial tax laws, in particular the HST requirements.
- Working knowledge and experience with purchase order systems.
Salary $26.93 per Hour
Comprehensive Benefit Package
Resumes may be submitted in confidence with a detailed cover letter stating Competition No. 2017-06, no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 7, 2017.
Municipality of Wawa
40 Broadway Avenue
Wawa, ON P0S 1K0
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected pursuant to The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used solely for the purposes of the candidate selection.